Ever dreamt of going to China this summer? Interested in a first-hand working experience in a dynamic
Huawei Technologies Belgium invites 15 students from the KUL, UGent, VUB, UCL, ULuxembourg and ULg to Beijing and to Shenzhen for an internship at Huawei.
A 2-week work experience scheme in China (end of August, first week of September) for 15 students who have successfully completed their 2nd year.
The program offers:
- A week Mandarin language & culture training at a famous university in Beijing
- Huawei Training on ICT Technologies & Solutions
- First-hand work experience at Huawei's Shenzen headquarter
- Discover Chinese culture and historical landmarks
All travel costs (flight ticket, accommodation, food) will be covered by Huawei.
|13 April||Submit your application|
|29 April||Shortlisting of applications by University faculty and informing the selected candidates to submit a 2-minute video|
|13 May||Last day of submitting the video application|
|15 May||Announcing the result of second round selected candidates and invite to final interview|
|3 June||Face to face interviews at Huawei Belgium office and announcing final candidates|
|5 August||Briefing session at Huawei Brussels|
|19 August||Departure to China (Beijing, Shenzhen)|
|3 September||Return to Belgium|
Eligibility and applications
Apply by submitting your 500-word essay by 13 April 2016 demonstrating your interest in China, telecommunications and technology and why you would be the ideal candidate to participate in this program.
- You are a Belgian student
- You are studying in ICT, engineering or other related fields at the KUL, UGent, VUB, UCL, ULuxembourg or ULg
- You have successfully completed your 2nd year and are currently in your 3rd year as an undergraduate
- You have a strong interest in telecommunications and technology
- You are fluent in English
- You are fascinated by the development of China
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Our aim is to build a better connected world, acting as a responsible corporate
citizen, innovative enabler for the information society, and collaborative contributor to the industry. Huawei’s 170 000 employees worldwide are committed to creating maximum
value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers.
Our innovative ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world’s population. Huawei currently has over 9 900 staff based in Europe, of whom 1200 are working in R&D. We run 18 R&D sites located in eight European countries (Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden and the UK) and operate numerous joint innovation centres in partnership with telecom and ICT partners.
Huawei Technologies Belgium
Boulevard de la woluwe 2
B-1150 Woluwe Saint Pierre, Brussels
Tel: +32 (0) 2 401 1680
Fax: +32 (0) 2 725 2566